- Surgical Technologist
- Medical Sales Rep
- Tissue/Organ Procurement & Transplantation Technician
- Laser/Endoscopic Technician
- Materials Manager
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Surgical First Assistant
- Surgical Nurse
- Physician's Assistant
- Medical Imaging Technician
Students will be American Heart Association First Aid and CPR certified upon completion of the program.
Download a PDF of the Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences Core Competencies.
As a result of completing the Health Science Technology program students will:
- Understand how disease and injury interfere with the body’s natural tendency toward homeostasis.
- Follow health care safety standards and protocols and maintain a culture of safety in the workplace.
- Understand that healthcare is a highly diverse occupational area where opportunities are connected directly to the specific needs of the local community.
- Relate to personnel within the healthcare industry and be responsible to uphold rigorous legal and ethical standards.
Download a PDF copy of the Health Science Technology Program Outcomes.
Download a PDF copy of the Health Science Technology Program Competency Map.
Advisory committees serve the CTE programs by acting as liaison between the educational institution and the public. The prinicipal purpose for CTE program/advisory committees is to promote greater cooperation between career and technical education and the private sector in preparing individuals for employment, promoting quality career and technical education and making the career technical education system more responsive to the labor market.
CTE program/advisory committees have three major roles. They are to advise, assist and provide support and advocacy for quality career and technical education. It is through these roles that CTE program/advisory committees work with instructors and administrators to initiate policies, procedures and methods that help strengthen and modernize career and technical education.
Improving the quality of career and technical education can be directly linked to the degree of involvement, participation and commitment of the CTE program/advisory committees. If you would like to be involved in shaping the future of education at MWVCTC and have the skills/background to benefit the Health Science Technology Program, please email Mrs. VanDyne for more information.